Location: Melbourne, Australia
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and engaging Technical Trainer to deliver exceptional learning experiences to the Australia region and beyond.
You are a hands-on product expert with experience installing and programming electronic security systems to a high level. You always search and strive for better. You are a great communicator with natural presentation skills and an ability to clearly explain and demonstrate complex concepts and processes. Most importantly, you have a passion for sharing your wealth of knowledge and creating ways to help people learn, and you get a kick out of seeing the proud smile of achievement when the learner understands.
This is a challenging and varied role which requires an advanced level of product expertise and confidence to deliver high quality, engaging training material to the security industry. It presents an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of educating our customers and staff about how to deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s growing security needs and promises a long career of professional fulfilment and evolution in this high growth industry.
This role offers the opportunity to travel throughout Australia to provide training for security professionals across the country, with the potential for occasional international travel to represent ICT at trade shows and industry events, and to further your experience and professional development.
While training is provided, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a capacity to train users in complex systems.
- Plan and deliver training courses on a regular basis within Australia and other regions as required
- Ensure facilitated courses are well attended by working with the sales team to identify potential candidates
- Maintain a training calendar to enable customer visibility of upcoming courses
- Provide feedback on course content, customer learning experiences and training requirements
- Contribute to creation of new training content
- Work with the Technical Training and Content Manager to create, organize and present staff induction courses
- Provide ‘train the trainer’ sessions as required
- Communicate product feature requests and improvements and provide customer feedback to technical support teams
- Be an active advocate, providing high-level technical knowledge and positive representation of ICT products and solutions to customers
- Assist with preparation and attend local and international trade shows to promote ICT and its products as required
- Identify sales opportunities through customer feedback
- Pursue continuous improvement of product knowledge and training delivery
We are looking for the following skill set along with a current passport!
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A true team player
- A demonstrated ability to clearly explain complex concepts and processes
- Proven technical aptitude with strong analytical skills and a high level of initiative
- Outgoing, passionate and persuasive personality with outstanding customer service ethics
- Self-directed and capable of managing multiple tasks, projects and priorities autonomously and collaboratively
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and structured follow through
- Full driver’s license
Only applicants with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered for this position. Successful applicants will be required to consent to police checks.
If you believe you fulfil the requirements above, please send your CV and covering letter describing the key attributes you would bring to this role to: email@example.com