The thin, compact design allows the tag to be carried in a wallet or purse, or easily attached to a keyring. Use with a lanyard or strap clip for maximum accessibility.
An extremely durable compact design offers the ultimate reliability and convenience, while the IP68 rating means these tags are resistant to heat, pressure and chemicals, making them suitable for the harshest of environments.
- Utilizes highly secure 13.56MHz MIFARE DESFire EV1 or EV2 smart card technology
- Mutual authentication, AES 128, DES and triple-DES data encryption with unique 56-bit serial number
- Improve security of existing 125kHz applications with dual technology transition tags
- Open solution with read / write functionality
- Overmolded design prevents access to the tag's components
- Laser engraved tag identification
- Environmental rating of IP68 ensures maximum durability
An extremely durable compact design offers the ultimate in reliability and convenience, while the IP68 rating means tags are resistant to water, heat, pressure and chemicals, making them suitable for the harshest environments.
Migration from legacy and less secure low frequency 125kHz technology can be easily achieved using dual technology DESFire cards that incorporate both high and low frequency tag inlays. This allows organizations to transition to smart readers at their own pace.
Support for a number of low frequency products is available.
The latest addition to the MIFARE DESFire product family, MIFARE DESFire EV3 offers even more advanced hardware and software implementation on a brand new internal chip, and combines enhanced performance with a greater operating distance and improved transaction speed compared to its predecessors.
Based on global open standards for both air interface and cryptographic methods, it uses the same security certification level as IC products used for banking cards and electronic passports. Featuring an on-chip backup management system and mutual three-pass authentication, EV3 supports confidential and integrity-protected communication with secure dynamic messaging and mirroring.
- Fully compliant with the international standard ISO/IEC 14443 Type A 1-4 and ISO/IEC 7816-4
- Common Criteria EAL5+ security certified for IC hardware and software
- NFC Forum Tag Type 4 certified
- Secure, high speed command set
- Unique 7-byte serial number
- Choice of open DES/2K3DES/3K3DES/AES crypto algorithms
- Open AES 128 bit crypto algorithm in hardware
- Fully interoperable with existing NFC reader infrastructure
- Transaction timer mitigates risk of man-in-the-middle attacks
- Backwards compatible with all previous MIFARE DESFire generations
ICT Secured MIFARE is ICT's implementation of the MIFARE standard. Credential data is protected with a diversified authentication key and encrypted with an AES 256 algorithm, effectively plugging the known security flaw in the MIFARE standard.
Other MIFARE formats are also available.
125kHz technology offers a lower level of security but a good read range and short read time due to the lower power requirement and the small amount of data being transmitted. This allows users to simply present, swipe or wave their card in the general direction of the reader to achieve a successful read.
|MIFARE DESFire EV2||MIFARE||MIFARE / 125kHz HID||125kHz|
|Memory||2KB / 4KB||1KB||1KB||363 Bits|
|Number of Applications*||Unlimited||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Files per Application*||32||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of Sectors||N/A||16||16||N/A|
|RF Interface||ISO/IEC 14443A-4||ISO/IEC 14443A-3||ISO/IEC 14443A-3||ISO/IEC 11784/11785|
|Baud Rate||848 kbit/s||106 kbit/s||106 kbit/s||106 kbit/s|
|Typical Maximum Read Range*||6mm (0.23")||30mm (1.2")||30mm (1.2")||25mm (0.98")|
|Common Criteria Certification|
|Tag Construction||Thin PA6 overmolded plastic|
|Tag Marking||Laser engraving (optional)|
|Programming||Factory or field|
|Dimensions||45 x 30 x 2.4 mm (1.77 x 1.18 x 0.093")|
|Net Weight||Approx 3g (0.10oz)|
|Gross Weight||190g (6.7oz) - Qty: 50|
|Operating Temperature||-40˚ to 85˚C (-40˚ to 185˚F)|
|Storage Temperature||-35˚ to 85˚C (-31˚ to 185˚F)|
* Read range is dependent upon reader technology and installation conditions and may vary accordingly.